Monday, July 6

trying to get along

There was bloodshed this week. It seems Emma is very territorial when it comes to her food container, her toy box and her bowl of food. If anyone so much as walks into the room where those items are she loses her mind. Last week, Matilda stood a little too close and nearly had her cute little nose ripped off. One of Emma's teeth got lodged in Matilda's chin and blood was pouring all over the floor. Matilda is no saint because the girl can fight back. If ever you have been around two dogs fighting, you know it's quite scary. My blood was pumping and my adrenaline shot through the roof when I saw the blood. I started yelling "stop it" and I think I probably escalated the situation. 10 minutes later the bitches were laying next to each other as if the explosion had never happened and I was still trying to get my heart to settle down and my hands to stop shaking. I think it hurt me more than it did them.

1 comment:

  1. more blogging please...let's see that green study / work room! mel

    ReplyDelete